This post is being advertised on behalf of North Lanarkshire's Working (ESF Provider) - Can applicants please check eligibility for NL Working before submitting an application. Full information can be found here:
- Plan and deliver programmes of play and learning
- Listen to children, identify their needs and respond appropriately
- Form positive partnerships with parents
- To complete records as appropriate
- To participate in staff training and development
- Must be committed to achieving SVQ level 3 qualification in childcare - putting in the necessary effort to successfully complete course work
- Must adhere to all the nursery policies and procedures
- Must contribute to establishing and maintaining an ethos where all children and staff are respected and positive self-esteem is encouraged
- Role is based at Eurocentral but in extreme circumstances staff may be asked to provide cover in the business’ other nursery which is based in Bellshill, this will be discussed in the interview.
As well as carrying out their role the successful candidate would be enrolled to complete an SVQ level 3 in childcare.
The Level 3 Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) in Social Services (Children and Young People) at SCQF level 7 allows candidates to demonstrate competence in job related skills in their particular area of work.
This qualification has been designed in partnership with the Sector Skills Council, Skills for Care and Development to ensure relevance to the sector.
SVQs are based on National Occupational Standards. SQA works in partnership with other organisations to ensure that National Occupational Standards (NOS) are relevant to the current and future needs of Scottish industries.
- Must be able to get to Eurocentral with ease to meet start and finish times
- Must be keen to work with children
- Must have an interest in the curriculum and developing children
- Must be able to relate to children
- Must have a caring nature
- Must be enthusiastic – need to be able to bring a positive and motivated attitude to work each day
- Must have National 4 or above in English and Maths
- Must have good personal presentation and dress appropriately for the role
- Must have good attendance and time keeping
- The role will be subject to a PVG check