We are looking for a hardworking and motivated HR Modern Apprentice to join our busy HR team in Glasgow.
In the role you will work closely with the HR team to provide effective, confidential and efficient administrative support, which assists with the smooth running of the department.
You will receive an excellent opportunity to work in a busy HR team and gain invaluable exposure to lots of employment and HR situations.
Day-to-day Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the administration duties of the HR team, providing support to the team as necessary. Duties include; filing, reference requests, basic starter and leaver processes, updating absence records, acknowledging CVs, supporting payroll activities, booking meeting rooms and catering for the HR team as required.
• Updating the HR system (currently Cascade).
• Providing 1st line support to new staff and escalating all queries such as contractual questions and issues to senior HR team.
• Updating intranet.
• Assist with the development of the HR function across the firm.
• Proactively dealing with recruitment enquiries and speculative applications.
• Educated to Standard Grade level or equivalent.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach, working on own initiative, escalating matters as appropriate.
• The willingness to build strong planning and organisation skills, understanding attention to detail and how this should be demonstrated with the ability to provide a pro-active and accurate service.
• A good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint would be advantageous.