Super organised and keen to learn but want to earn? Get your career started and gain a nationally recognised qualification at the same time.
TaxAssist Accountants now have an exciting opportunity for a Modern Apprentice Administrator to support the day-to-day running of their busy office. This role will be based in the busy Corstorphine office.
If you wish to be part of an open and friendly team who pride themselves on excellent customer service and attention to detail, then read on as this could be the role for you!
TaxAssist Accountants are the largest network of accountants who focus specifically on small businesses and individual taxpayers. They specialise in providing accountancy services, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping, tax savings and tax advice to small businesses. The TaxAssist network have over 65,000 clients in the UK including Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Personal Tax Payers.
Joining TaxAssist means you can:
• Be part of a recognised large accountancy network while benefiting from being in a friendly, local business atmosphere
• Experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with local small businesses. You will be helping a wide range of small business owners with their finances, no two days will be the same
• Receive support from an accountancy network and Support Centre for technical and business development support
• Benefit from access to training, CPD, guidance, tools and videos to expand your soft skills and technical knowledge
• Work for an employer that is focused on long-term staff retention. Career development opportunities are available to the right candidates
• Join a team that is quick to adapt, are advocates of cloud bookkeeping and other time-saving products - TaxAsssist take innovation seriously and are often involved in piloting and testing new products for the wider TaxAssist network
Your duties could include:
- Answering incoming calls politely and professionally
- Meeting and greeting clients on arrival to the office
- Carrying out essential accounting duties
- Providing administrative support to the wider team
- Stationery ordering and stock control
- Photocopying and document preparation
- Delivering internal and external mail
- Collecting, opening and sorting mail
- Maintaining and updating client records on IT systems
- Writing and sending emails to clients
Business administration is a really varied area, so this is just a sample of some of the things you may be doing.
Business Administration Level 2:
- SVQ Level 2 in Business Administration
- Level 2 Core Skills Numeracy (SCQF3), ICT (SCQF3), Communication (SCQF3), Working with others (SCQF4), Problem Solving (SCQF4).
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- (Work based learning)
When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may be given the opportunity to continue in your role or progress onto an alternative support role within the company where you will receive full training and support.
You should be highly organised, have confidence with IT, excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Nat 5 English and Maths or equivalent is preferred but not essential.
You will be a bright, enthusiastic individual keen to learn and progress, looking for a great career starter.
**Before you make your application, please ensure that you are able to reliably travel to and from the employer location on a daily basis. Please check bus times/travel arrangements.**