Amazon offers a range of opportunities to suit candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations. That is why we believe it is the perfect place to learn new skills.
Our European Operations Teams are crucial in ensuring that we continue to deliver and innovate for customers. We have big plans and want to continue to develop and retain the best talent.
Amazon apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning and want to start a career now – or possibly retrain in a new direction.
To be successful you will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities, hands on experience and qualifications given to you.
Join us on our one-year BIT Modern Apprenticeship programme and you will be trained on our process paths while also growing your skills in crucial, complementary areas like health and safety, problem solving, communication and project planning. Over the course of the apprenticeship you will be introduced to the fundamental operational excellence modules and will work towards an SCQF 5 (Level 2) Modern Apprenticeship in Business Improvement Techniques.
You will build your skills over this year long period which includes -
• Classroom based training workshops
• Amazon’s on-the-job training program, supported by a dedicated external coach
• 1:1 line manager reviews
• Health & safety training
• Rotation around key business areas covering a broad range of process paths.
For the Modern Apprenticeship program, we prioritize applicants eligible to gain government funding for their apprenticeship and for this you need to:
• Be living in Scotland with your main employment and normal working premises located in Scotland at the start date of your contract
• Have a legal right to work in the UK
• You will be 18 years old or older before the contract’s start date
• You are able to read, understand and communicate in English, interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business
• You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines
• You have a hands-on attitude, are flexible, adaptable and proactive
• You aim to attain impeccable customer service and excellent customer facing skills
• You actively seek and respond well to feedback
• You will have experience (or a willingness to learn and practice) of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations
• Not be registered to study on a government funded course ending May 2019 or later.
Finally, you must have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
These will be a plus for your career at Amazon but are not necessary to enter the program –
• You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment
• You are able to demonstrate drive and passion.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position in our operations team and from there a range opportunities will be available including supervisory and management roles across Amazon in the UK and abroad.
Your recruitment process will start with your online application (by you providing your CV as well as answering questions about the above basic qualifications). You will then undergo online testing and, as a last step, we will invite successful candidates to an on-site assessment centre where they will visit the fulfillment centre, participate in group exercises and get a chance to present their profile, motivation and skills at a face to face interview.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.